Summer in London, it’s a fantastic time to explore the city, take advantage of special events at top attractions and make the most of the great British weather. Here at Paddington Hotels, school holidays always mean we get the opportunity to welcome wonderful families from around the world, all looking to enjoy unique experiences and make life-long memories. Spending quality time with your family over the summer holidays is great but a city break with the kids can come with its own challenges. For a stress-free sightseeing trip to London this summer, make a note of our 10 top tips for travelling as a family and all you’ll need to worry about is what sights to see first.
- Make some plans – One upon a time you may have been the king or queen of spontaneity but when it comes to travelling with kids on a city break, you will always thank yourself for making some plans in advance.
- Let the kids choose – If there’s one way to get your kids excited about your upcoming London city break, it’s to ask them where they would like to visit, from London Zoo to a river cruise down the Thames, they won’t struggle with ideas.
- Shop around – If it’s a great deal you are after, don’t stop with just your accommodation. Look out for top attractions that are free to visit, including many of London’s museums and anywhere offering child discounts.
- Pack smart – It’s easy when you’re travelling as a family to bring everything and end up overpacking. Instead, make a list of the absolute essentials and remember, you will always be able to pick up anything you may have forgotten.
- Embrace public transport – When we’re in an unfamiliar city, sticking to taxis can sometimes be an easy option if you don’t feel confident about using public transport but not only will you maximise your budget if you hop on the tube, your kids will love the experience too.
- Grab some snacks – If there’s one situation you want to avoid, it’s your kids feeling hangry when you’re out and about exploring London, so pack some snacks to keep empty tummies at bay.
- Make some space for their favourite toys – As with any trip, there will always be times where you might be in a queue, making extra entertainment a life-saver.
- Safety first – You’re on holiday and it’s all about fun but just in case the worst happens and you get separated, give your kids your phone number and hotel details.
- Record your memories – Get your kids involved with recording your holiday memories with a camera or a classic journal. It’s something they will look back on for years to come.
- Take it easy – Don’t forget to take it easy on your holiday, it’s all about having fun after all.
If you and your family are looking to book a last-minute city summer break right here in London, you have come to the right place. Choose from one of our three family-friendly hotels with our great central location in the heart of Paddington, offering spacious family accommodation and hearty breakfasts, all at great prices. Visit our website for availability or get in touch with our team at firstname.lastname@example.org